A sweet munchable mix of popcorn, chocolate cookies and white chocolate makes for a perfect snack mix. Make it for your next party and watch it disappear!
We are always ready to eat something cookies and cream inspired. Always! So this popcorn was the perfect snack mix for our last get together. It is a fun mix of salty, sweet, chocolaty goodness. Set it out in small bowls around your gathering space and people are sure to munch on it until it’s gone.
I first made this cookies and cream popcorn almost 5 years ago. We through a Cracker Jacks themed party for Little Dude’s first birthday party.
We had a popcorn maker and a table full of fun flavored popcorn. Of course the birthday boy was too young to enjoy any of it, but he got his own cake so he made out ok.
Besides, I figured I only had so many years where I got to choose things like birthday party themes and Halloween costumes. So I had to make sure and get all of my favorite ideas in before he got a say!
Luckily he is still pretty amenable to my ideas, but he also has a say now. I can’t just take whatever crazy theme I want and run with it.
The cookies and cream popcorn was a hit at that party, so I knew I was going to have to make it again. Plus my little sister had requested it a few times since, but I haven’t had a chance to post it here yet.
So when we had a crew over to watch the big game, I figured it would be a perfect time to whip up another batch to share. Little Dude helped me get it ready and then put it in various popcorn themed containers and placed it around the room.
He wasn’t so sure it was a good use for the chocolate sandwich cookies. He thought we should just save those for ourselves and dunk them in milk… you know, the way they are supposed to be enjoyed.
Then he took a bite and his mind instantly changed. It turns out the popcorn idea wasn’t such a bad one after all. Who would have guessed?
So make this fun popcorn mix for your next party and see how well it goes over! Let me know what you think.
More fun popcorn recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Glazed Popcorn
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Hillbilly Hash Popcorn
- Strawberries and Cream Popcorn
- Grandma’s Microwave Caramel Corn
- Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 16 ounces candy melts or almond bark
- 20 Oreos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread the popcorn over sheets of wax paper.
- Roughly chop the sandwich cookies and sprinkle over popcorn. Dust with the salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark. Make sure to not scorch the candy by cooking in short bursts and stirring frequently.
- As soon as the almond bark stirs smooth, drizzle over the popcorn. Toss to coat. (It’s messy, but I find using my hands is the easiest way.)
- Allow to cool completely and set, then store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.