With just three ingredients and a few minutes you can have the cutest spring or Easter appetizer. The perfect cheese ball for a garden party too!
Your Easter appetizer table just got a whole lot more fit for the Easter Bunny! This fun cheese ball is shaped like carrots to keep old EB happy.
It will keep your family happy as well. Just get the crackers ready, because everyone will keep going back for more!
A couple of years ago I made a Havarti cheese ball in the shape of a carrot for our Easter Eggstravaganza. It won’t over so well. That recipe is a winner anyway.
I was hooked on it the first time our friend Ro made it for us and of course I had to get the recipe. I have made it a few times since and it is always so good. As these things go, it is even more fun when it is shaped like a carrot!
Then there was the Pig Skin Cheese Ball that the guys just couldn’t stop eating during football. So I decided to do a hybrid.
I took the ranch and cheddar idea from the pig skin football and the carrot shape and morphed them into these cute little carrots. What a fun snack for our eggstravaganza, don’t you think?
Of course you don’t have to make it into carrots. It would be just as delicious in a ball, just not as cute.
My husband went crazy for this cheese ball too. He helped himself to a big plateful and some pretzel sticks after everyone left. A reward for another fun event!
- 1 pound cheddar cheese
- 24 oz. cream cheese
- 1 pkg. ranch dip seasoning mix
- fresh parsley or dill for serving
- If using bock cheese like I did, place in food processor and process until chopped finely. If you don’t have a food processor, use finely shredded cheddar.
- Use processor or a sturdy spoon to stir in cream cheese and ranch dip.
- Chill mixture until it is sturdy enough to handle. Shape into a ball or if desired roll between your hands to make long carrots.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- If desired, insert stems of fresh herbs into carrots for presentation.
- Serve at room slightly chilled or at room temperature with cracker or pretzels.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.