Enjoy the taste of birthday cake in no churn ice cream form. This recipe comes together quickly and can be easily colored to match your party’s theme.
I don’t think it will come as a surprise to you when I say I like cake. It’s just one of those primal, I can’t help it, I need cake kind of things. You feel me?
It’s not a birthday without cake.
You can’t have a wedding reception without a good cake.
Woke up today? Cake
You get the idea! Life’s special occasions are always better with cake. (And frosting, but that’s a whole different post!)
So what if you could have your cake in ice cream form? You know that has my attention!
This simple no churn ice cream has the flavor of birthday cake swirled right in! You can make it any fun colors you want too!
You could match it to the theme of the party. You could match it to the cake. You could even keep it white if you want.
Of course I want a nice big scoop alongside a piece of white cake. Or chocolate cake. Or carrot cake. Or banana cake. But it is great on it’s own as well.
Pile up a nice big bowlful and be happy. Add some whipped cream or sprinkles if you want to take it to the next level!
More favorite no churn ice cream recipes:
- Peanut butter chocolate chip no churn ice cream
- Lemonade no churn ice cream
- Sundae cone dream no churn ice cream
Tips and tricks:
- Try to leave as much air in the ice cream base as possible when mixing in the colors.
- Don’t need colored ice cream? Leave it out! It will still taste great.
- Give yourself plenty of time to let this freeze and set up. That’s the hardest part, the wait!
- You could try doing a frosting swirl like MiMi did with her pink velvet ice cream. If you do, let me know how it goes!
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops birthday cake flavored oil
- 1/4 cup white cake mix
- food coloring gel as desired
- Beat super cold cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cake mix and flavored oil until just mixed.
- If coloring, divide into a bowl for each color you plan to use. Fold in coloring gel until you get the desired colors.
- Spoon the ice cream into freezer safe container, alternating colors as you add it to the container.
- Freeze 5-6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove from freezer for 5-10 minutes before scooping to soften a bit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.